We love everything @elleshungry does – her food is a visual symphony. And this Macaroni and Broccoli Cheese Bake ticks all the boxes for comfort food that the whole family will love.
- 250g Macaroni pasta
- 1 full head of broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1L Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 50g butter
- 1tbs cornflour
- 150ml Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, then set aside.
- Steam the broccoli and set aside.
- Place pasta in a baking dish and scatter broccoli over the top.
- Place the 1L Almond Breeze in a heavy saucepan along with the butter and heat it up on low to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place cornflour in a bowl and gradually add the 150ml Almond Breeze and keep whisking until smooth (without lumps).
- Add the cornflour mixture into the saucepan (reduce heat to avoid burning) and keep whisking until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, continuing to whisk and add in both cheeses and whisk until all completely melted.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the pasta and broccoli, sprinkle on breadcrumbs and bake in the over on 180º for 15 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Stand before serving, add fresh parsley as a garnish.
Prep Time 25 minutes