Big, crispy waffles with a touch of chocolate. The not-too-sweet batter makes waffles perfect for layering with fresh fruit, powdered sugar, maple or even chocolate syrup. Slather with peanut butter and bananas for an Elvis inspired morning.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Almond Breeze almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg; lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almondmilk, oil and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir together until combined.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Lightly spray heated waffle iron with cooking spray. Add ⅓ cup batter to each segment of iron, spreading batter to edges. Cook 4 minutes or until steaming stops and waffle is crisp and lightly browned.
- Top with your favourite seasonal toppings!
Prep Time 20 minutes