Ordering a Pad Thai is tempting every night of the week but how about make your own? Try this twist on a recipe fave for delicious fakeaways any day you choose!
- 450 g pad thai noodles
- 170 g roasted salted almonds (about 1 cup) plus ⅓ cup almonds; chopped (for garnish)
- 1 cup Original Almond Breeze almond milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic; pressed or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic chilli sauce
- ½ inch knob of ginger; peeled and grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- ½ lime; juiced
- 4 green onions; chopped
- 2 medium carrots; peeled and thinly slice
- 1 red capsicum; thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Extra lime for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles just until al dente, about 45 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, separating the noodles with your hands. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Place 1 cup of the roasted almonds in the bowl of a food processor and blend for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides and the bottom of the bowl half way through. When smooth, add the Original Almond Breeze almond milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and lime juice and whiz to combine. Add half of the dressing to the noodles and stir to coat. Add the green onion, carrots and red capsicum to the noodles, add the rest of the dressing and mix. Garnish with the reserved chopped salted almond and coriander and refrigerate until ready to serve at room temperature.
Courtesy of: Foodie Crush
Prep Time 20 minutes