- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ tbsp avocado oil (or your preferred oil)
- 1 cup red split lentils
- 3 cups Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- ½ tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Serving suggestion: baby spinach leaves
- Begin by preparing the vegetables for the Dahl. Dice onion, mince garlic and roughly chop carrots and set aside.
- Heat avocado oil (or your preferred oil) in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and carrot and sauté until onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and allow to simmer for one minute.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly wash red split lentils in running water for about a minute or until water becomes transparent.
- Add in lentils, Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk, herbs and paprika and bring to a boil.
- Once bubbles appear, lower heat and allow to simmer for 15-20minutes. The mixture should be thicker and lentils should be soft and expanded.
- Serve with baby spinach and eat warm or cool! Perfect for an easy quick meal prep and keep stored in an airtight container in fridge to enjoy later!
Prep Time 10 minutes; 15-20 minutes to cook