Pasta is the ultimate comfort food and this Easy Peasy Alfredo Pasta is a recipe you can make any day of the week to feel a warm hug from the inside out. YUM!
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Dash of olive oil
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight or if not overnight, for 15 minutes in warm water
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
- ¼ cup cheese of choice, grated
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 servings of zoodles or your favourite pasta
- In a large saucepan over high heat, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until browned. When cooked, add to a blender.
- Fill the saucepan with water and cook pasta according to packet directions. Skip this step if you are using zoodles.
- Drain the cashews and add them to the blender with the Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk, cheese and salt. Blend until as smooth and creamy as possible.
- Sauté the mushrooms and spinach in the saucepan with a dash of oil or water until softened. Add creamy sauce and stir until cheese has completely melted. Add pasta and mix until thoroughly combined. Separate pasta to serving dishes and enjoy!
Prep Time 20 minutes