There may be no better way to celebrate our incoming Kiwi summer than this! How does joining amazing people lakeside at picturesque Western Springs Park to experience yoga, meditation, uplifting live music, delicious kai and a market place to scoop up Christmas goodies sound?
If you answered “Heck yes!” then New Zealand Yoga Day, being held on Saturday 28 November in Auckland is for you and we’ve got your tickets below!
And for people who can’t get to Auckland or live overseas, NZ Yoga Day founders Nikki Rhodes and Franko Heke, the creative duo behind NZ Spirit Festival and Resolution Festival, have made the wellness event available online. Gather your crew and create a mini-festival at home to enjoy the magic from affair.
We caught up with Nikki and Franco to hear more and find out how 2020 has been for them, plus they share their fave delicious PB recipe below! But first….
WIN one of 2 double passes to NZ Yoga Day!
Nikki and Franco have generously given us 4 passes to join them at NZ Yoga Day on Saturday, 28 November at Western Springs Park*. PLUS to make you look the part on the day even if you’ve never tried yoga before, you’ll also WIN 4 yoga mats for your whole crew!
TO ENTER to WIN!
To enter to WIN all 4 tickets PLUS a yoga mat for each person, go to Instagram here or Facebook here, tag in the people you’d bring along, and tell us why you want to start your summer at NZ Yoga Day with your amazing crew!
1. Tell us a little about NZ Yoga Day, how it came to be and what people can expect on the day.
Sure! In 2015 Franko found himself immersed in the huge healing power of his own yoga practice that had helped him rise up from bouts of depression and the small communities in different yoga studios that he attended made it easier to maintain his well being. So he had the idea to put together an event in the Auckland Domain called New Zealand’s Biggest Yoga Class to find out how many others shared this practice and it was just a donation entry where all the funds went to the NZ suicide prevention charity called Casper. Over a thousand people turned up.
PHOTO CREDIT: Thom Gabites all images
2. What THREE things would you say to people who have yet to try yoga but want to come along to the festivities and see what NZ Yoga Day is all about?
- You don’t need to be flexible at all to attend! Just a flexible enough mind to come. Yoga is the journey of acknowledging where you are and loving yourself wherever that is.
- This is an event for mum, dad, grandma, grandpa and the kids! With food and market stalls, dance, music, sunshine and yoga there is something for everyone!
- It’s been a tough year of lockdowns and stress for everyone so give this to yourself and a gift for your mind, body and soul.
3. Does yoga ability or age matter in being able to attend the day, and are people required to participate in every class?
NZ Yoga Day is for people who either have never tried yoga before or have had a yoga practice for years, and age doesn’t matter in the slightest. Anyone of any age can do yoga because yoga is also a state of being and you don’t have to participate in every class so you can jump in and out at any time.
4. What does it mean to you to be holding such a beautiful event in 2020?
We are so excited and honoured to be holding one of the first outdoor events of the NZ summer. And so blessed to be gathering hundreds of people together in the name of health and wellness within the current state of the world’s health crises.
5. What does breezing the day mean to you?
Taking everything one step at a time and making things as easy breezy as possible!
6. What’s something you hope our winners take away with them?
People come to NZYD and have life changing experiences. They may have come alone and by the end of the day they have learnt new techniques to keep themselves well and meet a new crew or two to continue their journey with! It’s magic!
7. What’s one wonderful thing you’ve experienced in 2020?
The whole world stopping to breathe and reflect on how we can treat the earth, others and ourselves better.
8. Tell us a little about the other events you run.
Yes! Continue your health and wellness summer with us at these incredible 4-day 3-night family festivals right in Auckland’s back yard. Resolution is from Dec 30th – Jan 2nd and is the best way every to end 2020, and what could be better than starting 2021 connected with like minded people on a journey of self discovery whilst celebrating to some of Aotearoa’s best musicians, presenters, markets, food and vibes! NZ Spirit Festival is March 4th – 7th and this festival is grounded in Māori culture and tradition. 150 transformational workshops during the day, camping under the stars and dancing the night away. But don’t let us try and use word to explain it head to the websites to see for yourself resolutionfestival.co.nz and nzspiritfestival.com!
9. What’s your no. 1 favourite Almond Breeze almond milk flavour and why?
It depends what time of the day! Original for our muesli, Vanilla for smoothies and Chocolate for desert! <3
10. We LOVE recipes here at Almond Breeze, do you have a favourite recipe?
The NZ Spirit Breeze Smoothie!
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- LSA (linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds)
- Peanut Butter
Feel into what quantities work for you then mash it in a blender and let it rip!
* This is a ticket ONLY giveaway. Winner will receive EITHER one double pass, which is 2 tickets, OR two double passes, which is 4 tickets for a family. Winners will need to provide all transportation to and from Western Springs Park in Central Auckland, as well as pay for any food or beverages on the day. Winners will be notified on Monday 23 November either by Facebook Messenger or Instagram Direct Message by the Almond Breeze NZ social media manager (please ensure you are able to receive messages from us to be in to win). If the winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be drawn to ensure a lucky winner gets the chance to use this amazing prize.
From our love of Almond Breeze almond milk to yours…
Discover more almondlicious recipes by clicking here!