Who said Anzac biscuits couldn’t be vegan? They can with this recipe created by @belindajnash
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup Golden Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 150ºC and prepare two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix sift the buckwheat flour then add the rolled oats, coconut and coconut sugar.
- In a pot on the stove, melt the coconut oil, golden syrup and water on a low heat until the coconut oil is melted and the ingredients have combined. Do not allow the mixture to simmer or boil.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda/baking soda into the mixture and very quickly add it to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into golf ball-sized balls, then place on your tray and flatten. Spread the biscuits around 4cm apart as these biscuits spread.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until your delicious Anzac biscuits are golden brown.
Devour with your favourite humans!
Prep Time 10 minutes; 15 minutes to cook