These Thai Chicken Skewers make a breezey low carb dinner. Delicious grilled on the bbq or skillet, they create a fabulous party food dipped in its dairy free creamy peanut butter sauce.
- 500 g chicken breast (or tenderloin), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Almond Breeze Original
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Original
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari sauce if gf)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine lime juice, maple syrup, Original Almond Breeze, garlic, ginger and salt.
- Add the chicken strips and marinate the mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- Place each chicken strip on a wooden stick.Heat a skillet, grilling pan or BBQ to a medium heat. Grease the skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil, add the chicken skewers and grill for about 5 minutes on both sides until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peanut sauce. In a blender, add all the peanut sauce ingredients: Almond Breeze Original, peanut butter, maple syrup, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, ginger and lime juice. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds or until all the ingredients come together into a creamy sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a medium saucepan. Simmer for 3-5 minutes on medium heat to thicken.
- Serve the hot chicken skewers with the peanut sauce on the side with a green salad.
Prep Time 30 Minutes