Enjoy the taste of the tropics all year round with the ultimate comfort food that is just as delicious eaten chilled in summer as it is warm in winter. Our vegan Sunshiny Tropical Rice Pudding is a flavour sensation with fragrant jasmine rice, chopped tropical fruits and vanilla almond milk for a delicious creamy texture.
- 2 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1–2 cups Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 3 cups chopped fresh fruit of choice
- Optional: shredded coconut, fresh mint and/or edible flowers to garnish
- In a large saucepan, add the water, rice, salt, vanilla, cinnamon sticks and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or so until the rice is fluffy and cooked.
- Stir in the almondmilk and fruit, and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Add in more almondmilk as needed for texture -if you prefer the mixture to be less solid, add more as the rice soaks up the almondmilk- and cover in the fridge to set overnight.
- Garnish with shredded coconut, mint and/or edible flowers before serving.
Prep Time 25 minutes