If you have a can of chickpeas lurking inside your cupboards then this is the recipe for you. It’s protein-packed, looks like sunshine on a plate and you can slide it between two buns and call it a burger (because it is!).
- 5 tablespoons Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 400 g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons plain or wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tablespoons of chives
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 4 teaspoons harissa or sriracha
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons sunflower or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blitz half a can of the chickpeas in a food processor until smooth
- Add flour, baking powder, garlic, harissa/sriracha and seasoning
- Add Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk and fold in the remaining chickpeas, chopped spring onions, chives, and mint.
- Heat the oil and fry in batches until golden brown
Enjoy with salad and vegetables or stack it into your favourite burger.
Prep Time 20 minutes