Say hola to your mid-week dinner with this fresh and crunchy rainbow salad full of delicious Mexican flavours and creamy topped with avocado dressing.
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 corn cob, cooked, cut off kernels from cob (1/4 cup)
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, cored, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
Avocado Lime dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup, Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- In a large salad bowl, add all the Mexican salad ingredients. Set aside.1. In a large salad bowl, add all the Mexican salad ingredients. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the ripe avocado, Unsweetened Almond Breeze, olive oil, lime juice, ground cumin, garlic, salt, chilli flakes. Blend on high speed for 30- 60 seconds, or until the dressing is smooth and there is no lumps of avocado. If the dressing is too thick, add more almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour the avocado lime dressing onto the prepared salad. Combine with a serving spoon.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to enhance the flavour. Serve with extra chilli flakes and fresh coriander on top.
Prep Time 20 Minutes