Making your own dairy-free pizza cheese is easy with this delicious, fast recipe thanks to our friends at Almond Breeze Australia.
Dairy Free Cheese:
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup of water
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Spray of coconut oil or your preferred oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red capsicum
- 6 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
1. While the crust is cooking, add all the cheese ingredients into a blender with water and blend until smooth.
2. For the topping, spray a large frying pan with coconut oil or add your preferred oil and sauté onions over heat until soft.
3. To the pan, add tomatoes, capsicum and mushrooms.
4. Once the pizza crust is cooked, spread a generous amount of cheese over, and add the toppings.