This crustless courgette quiche is the most breezey and delicious dinner recipe to use your garden summer herbs and vegetables. A nutrient-dense dinner recipe and any leftovers makes a protein loaded breakfast.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 large courgettes, thinly sliced (roughly 5 cups)
- 1 red capsicum, cored, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 corn cob, cooked, cut off kernels from cob (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (mix parmesan & mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Grease a 26 cm flan dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet, on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add the diced brown onion, crushed garlic, sliced courgette and capsicum. Sautée the vegetables for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add corn kernel, salt, pepper and dried oregano. Sautée for an aditionnal 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Transfer the vegetables into the prepared flan dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, Unsweetened Almond Breeze and ½ cup grated cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the vegetables. Top with ¼ cup grated cheese if desired.
- Bake at 200C for 25 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
- Remove from the oven and wait 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Time 30 minutes