This delicious chickpea and courgette burger recipe will mean you never have to wait for burgers again. Add your own accompaniments to make your personalised fave. Thanks Almond Breeze Australia for the recipe.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g chickpeas, drained
- ½ courgette
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 50g oats
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add chickpeas, courgette, Almond Breeze Almond Milk, oats, turmeric and salt and pepper to a blender.
- Pulse until ingredients are combined, but not completely smooth.
- Add in onion and garlic.
- Divide mixture into six palm-sized burgers and place on a tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook burgers for 5-10 minutes.
- Place burgers on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
Serve with your favourite burger fillings!
Prep Time 70 minutes