Last October we teamed up with the fab team at Jetts Fitness New Zealand to bring you one of our BIGGEST competitions yet which would see one lucky winner jet their way to California, the home of Almond Breeze, on a trip for two.
The first 1,000 people who joined Jetts during the month of October were given an awesome goodie bag packed full of fitness faves including some delish Almond Breeze almond milk and gym drink bottle and automatic entry into the competition. We hoped it would inspire and motivate people to achieve their fitness goals and it did with more than a thousand people signing up and entering to win!
Of course there could only be one winner and he is Alex Shoemaker. At 25 years old, Alex is already somewhat of a jetsetter having been born in West Virginia, raised in South Otago, now living in Auckland and having just returned from an epic trip to Myanmar, Southeast Asia. He says:
“I enjoy trekking and exploring our beautiful country on my off times and discovering hidden gems that no one else knows about. ;)”
We caught up with the intrepid traveller to find out a little more and his favourite recipe using Almond Breeze almond milk which we share below!
1. You joined Jetts Fitness New Zealand this year; how important is health and wellness to you, and what do you do every day to keep balanced and happy?
I believe that health and well being is the foundation of a happy and successful lifestyle. In order to keep balanced I plan my week in writing, staying on top of life and having a strong weekly routine enhances my mood.
2. You were our lucky winner of a return trip for two to California, the home of Almond Breeze; what are you most excited about seeing and doing while you’re there and why, and is this your first trip to the golden state?
This is my first time in LA! My mate from university is getting engaged so this will be a great opportunity to get all the boys together and celebrate!
3. What does breezing the day mean to you, and how has making the most of opportunities shaped your life?
Breezing the day to me is that long weekend where you can get all the friends and family over for a BBQ and enjoy some good convo and just kick back. The more you get involved the more opportunities will arise so I try to get among it as often as I can.
4: What are your top THREE foolproof ways to live your best life that are a bit out of the box?
- Prepare a meal you’ve never tried before once a week
- Go to a local event by yourself
- Write a letter to yourself once a year and see how life and your point of view has changed.
5. Have you discovered your no. 1 FAVOURITE Almond Breeze almond milk flavour yet? If so, which one is it and why do you love it?
6. What are you MOST excited about for the new decade and 2020?
I’ve recently finished university so for me it’d be starting my career and becoming an official adult!
7. We LOVE recipes here at Almond Breeze, do you have a favourite recipe that you can share with us?
Yes! It’s my post workout shake!
- 1 cup spinach
- Half a cup of Original Almond Breeze almond milk
- 2 TB of almond butter
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 of fresh black berries
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of macha powder
Blend for around 25 seconds and enjoy!
From our love of Almond Breeze almond milk to yours…
Discover more almondlicious recipes by clicking here!