Fitness model Jade MacKinnon is an online fitness and nutrition trainer, and founder of the NZ Fitness Model Search 2018 and Marketing Manager at Jetts New Zealand. She’s an advocate for everyone living their best life and reaching their health, fitness and wellbeing goals.
And because we’re Almond Breeze, we’re always cooking up something special in the kitchen, and our latest “recipe” is an absolute WINNER!!!
We’ve partnered with Jetts Fitness New Zealand to get you excited about summer. The talented nationwide Jetts team are excited to take you on your personal health and wellness journey. So we’ve teamed up with them to help motivate you even more to get into a fitness plan with an incredible prize that will take one lucky winner to the home of Almond Breeze: California when you sign up with Jetts during the month of October (Ts & Cs apply).
To find out how you can enter, we talk to fitness model, Jetts marketing manager and all round amazing woman, Jade MacKinnon and she tells us all about it below. Plus because Jade is all about living a balanced life, her cheeky recipe using Almond Breeze almond milk below is sure to surprise and delight!
1. You’ve made your mark as a trainer, nutrition expert and fitness model and were the founder of the NZ Fitness Model Search 2018. How important is health and wellness to you, and what do you do every day to keep balanced and happy?
It has been a long journey but I have learned that health and wellness is just as much if not more mental than physical. I have been on both ends of the scale; totally unfit, binge eating, not caring about myself, and also super fit, super clean diet, and ‘over-caring’ or obsessive traits. To me, the greatest importance is the ability to exercise a balance in health and wellness, and ensure we do the things we love, because we WANT to, with a healthy balance.
2. Tell us about the Jetts Fitness activities with Almond Breeze this October and why it’s a natural partnership?
This October we are super excited to be partnering up with Almond Breeze New Zealand. Obviously with Almond Breeze being a super healthy milk alternative, it goes hand in hand with health and fitness! For October, everyone who signs up to Jetts will go in the draw to win a trip to LA, California for two, plus 5 nights accommodation thanks to Almond Breeze. Not only that, the first 1,000 new members on our Everyday Active Membership, will receive their own ‘Breeze the Gym’ pack- including a Jetts Sports Bag, Almond Breeze Stainless Steel Drink Bottle, and Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk! We wanted to team up and use our powers combined to kick start your new health and fitness journey!
For the whole month also Jetts will be sharing healthy recipes which incorporate the use of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk for tasty meals and treats using the healthier alternative!
3. You’re all about female empowerment and it resonates with your Instagram followers. Why is elevating others so important to you?
To be honest, I am all about empowerment as individuals, not for a particular gender. I believe elevation comes from connection and most people connect with the truth. So if I am open and honest with my followers about my journey, many of them can relate and understand the reality and rawness of my journey too.
4. You live your life in LA and Auckland, how do you find the commute (LOL), and what are the main similarities and differences between the two cities?
I spend most of my time in Auckland currently. But I am head over heels in love with LA! I suppose Takapuna in Auckland is remotely similar to the feeling I get when I am in LA. LA is such a fast buzzing city with a laid back vibe. Everyday is a grind, everyday you have to hustle, you see the reality of some people’s lives there and it really makes you appreciate home in New Zealand, especially when comparing safety and cleanliness. However California will always be the love of my life, the sun, the opportunities, the vibe, the life; it’s something I can’t put into words (getting emotional when thinking about it). I will be back there this January!
5. What does breezing the day mean to you, and how has making the most of opportunities shaped your life?
Breezing the day means to me, enjoying the journey to your goals day in and day out, and doing it in a way in which is still enjoyable. Work hard, play hard. Making the most of my opportunities left me sitting with no regrets, no ‘what if’ thoughts.
6. What’s your no. 1 FAVOURITE Almond Breeze almond milk flavour and why?
Chocolate!!! It is honestly such a healthy and low calorie treat, and tastes so good!
7. What are your top THREE foolproof ways to live your best life that are a bit out of the box?
- Age is just a number- it is never too late to drastically change your life
- **** what everyone else is doing; do you!
- Be unapologetically yourself
8. Tell us something surprising about yourself that few people know!
I hate all fruit and veges!
9. What are you MOST excited about for the rest of 2019 and why?
SUMMER! And re-creating my healthy lifestyle again.
10. We LOVE recipes here at Almond Breeze, do you have a favourite recipe (using Almond Breeze almond milk) that you can share with us?
Almond Breeze homemade Espresso Martinis! Because life’s about balance, right?
Jade’s Milky Espresso Martini
- 1 double shot espresso
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 shot Kahlua
- 1 shot Unsweetened or Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- Combine all ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.
- If you can froth your milk, do that and layer it on top instead of mixing and shaking with the alcohol.
- Serve and enjoy!
From our love of Almond Breeze almond milk to yours…
Discover more almondlicious recipes by clicking here!