When Samuel Levi appeared on our screens on Married At First Sight NZ in 2018 he caught our attention – and not just because of his dazzling smile. While having a conversation with “husband” Tayler Morgan, we couldn’t help but notice a familiar blue and pink Almond Breeze almond milk on the bench ready for Samuel’s coffee.
Today, we’re proud to welcome Samuel – one of our most avid Almond Breeze fans – into the Almond Breeze whanau as our first male Almond Breeze NZ ambassador.
Prior to life as a TV star, Samuel had amassed a dedicated following in social media, had won 2017 ‘Fashion Influencer of the Year’ at the Social Media Awards. His career as a TV personality and fashionista has seen him sit front row at Fashion Weeks in Kuala Lumpur, Sydney and LA, host, judge and speak at fashion events all over New Zealand and the world, and host his own fashion show on iHeartRadio.
Samuel is as passionate about health, fitness and travel as he is about fashion. Last month he launched his new lifestyle blog to share the best of his adventures wherever they take him. At Almond Breeze we have loads of exciting things planned with Samuel for the year but we thought it was time to find out more about his new Trans-Tasman life and what’s in store for the rest of 2019.
1. You’re now based in Melbourne and travel back to New Zealand from time to time. Tell us a bit about your life there?
I am. I absolutely love it here. I decided to jump the ditch for multiple reasons. I felt like a needed a bigger and more creative city around me. I came off the back of a TV show and wanted to step away from “That Guy“ off “That Show“ type thing, and i wanted something new and refreshing. Whether i am here for six months, a year or five. At least I can say I have done it, and I have no regrets so far.
2. Ah yes, we watched you on “That Show”, Married at First Sight NZ. How was that experience for you, and what did you learn about yourself by being on the show?
I was yes. Look, I absolutely loved it, and had some great experiences, including my honeymoon which was in one of my favourite parts of the world Bali. It was heaven. In all honesty, one thing I learnt about myself and going through that experiment was it is ok to be you. You do not need to change and or try to be someone else to make them happy. I was completely and utterly myself and came out a better person for doing so.
3. Tell us about your blog thelifeofsamuellevi.com and what exciting content you have planned coming up?
I use to run a successful blog more than five years ago, although I decided to stop it to focus on other things. When I decided to relocate to Australia earlier this year, I thought it would be a great place for people to follow interesting things that I do here, instead of just a picture and caption on social media. Something more meaningful and fun. So I created a online space again. The Australian market is also different, and having a blog and website, helps with more opportunities here.
4. What does breezing the day mean to you, and how has making the most of opportunities shaped your life?
Breezing the day to me, means ultimately living your best life. Taking every opportunity that comes your way, doing new adventures, and creating something new and exciting for yourself each day. Doing this has allowed me to be who I am today, and the amazing adventures I endure along the way.
5. How important is your health and wellness to you, and what do you do every day to keep balanced and happy?
This is something that is very important to me. A healthy life and lifestyle for me, keeps me sane. If I can do one form of exercise per day I am happy. Whether that is a gym class, a walk around the block or similar I am happy. It helps me think clearer, and have a more productive day and night ahead of me.
6. What’s your no. 1 FAVOURITE Almond Breeze almond milk flavour and why?
Mmmm, just thinking about this makes me want to go make a coffee. Would have to be Chocolate Almond Breeze Almond Milk. It’s unique and different and I must admit do like my coffees that tad bit sweeter. Delicious!
7: What are your top THREE foolproof ways to live your best life that are a bit out of the box?
- Do what is best for you. Because no one else will.
- Create new and exciting memories every day. Even if it is coming across one new person.
- It’s ok to be a bit lazy every now and then. If you can, sleep in that extra hour. Eat that fried dumpling. Treat yourself, but know your limits.
8. You have your first book coming out later this year, can you tell us a little about that and what it means for you?
OMG I do! It is still in the pipeline, and I am sooooo excited. Never in a million years, I thought I would be able to publish a book. I wanted to write something, that allows my following and people who know me a better understanding of my growing up, and history. I will also be talking a lot about my experience on Married At First Sight, and touching on important topics, like confidence, self-love, and ultimately, it is ok to be who you are Gay, Straight, Bi. I think a lot of people think, I had a easy life growing up, but little do they know.
9. What are you MOST excited about for the rest of 2019 and why?
Working on my first ever book. Honestly, I am nervous but excited at the same time. I have some great trips lined up, including spending time in LA in November and December, which is another top location of mine, where I love to be.
10. We LOVE recipes here at Almond Breeze, do you have a favourite recipe (using Almond Breeze) that you can share with us.
Ihave just started making omelettes with almond milk. I was pretty boring and always poached my eggs, but now finding this, and it tastes amazing. It’s my go-to.
For the simplest omelette recipe on the web, we’ve gone to the master of easy cooking, Jamie Oliver so you can try Samuel’s new fave brekkie at home – if you haven’t already!
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 knob of butter or dairy-free butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional cheese or dairy-free cheese
TOMATO & BASIL OMELETTE
- 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 3-4 mushrooms
- Olive oil
- For a basic omelette, crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Beat well with a fork.
- Heat a small knob of butter or dairy-free butter in a small frying pan on a low heat, and once melted and bubbling, add the eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, option to sprinkle over the cheese.
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
- For a tomato and basil omelette, pick and roughly tear the basil leaves. Chop the tomatoes in half, then add to a hot frying pan with a small knob of butter, a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry and toss around for 1 minute, then turn the heat down to medium and sprinkle over the basil leaves. Add the eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly. Continue as for the basic omelette.
- For a mushroom omelette, quarter or roughly chop the mushrooms and add to a hot frying pan with a small knob of butter, a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry and toss around until golden, then turn the heat down to medium. Add the eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the Cheddar. Continue as for the basic omelette.
From our love of Almond Breeze almond milk to yours…
Discover more almondlicious recipes by clicking here!