We were so excited to meet so many of you at The Chocolate & Coffee Show on at The Cloud in Auckland this October! We had an incredible time pouring the love with our almondlicious Breezy Coffees made with Almond Breeze Barista Blend with five times less sugar than other café almond milks, making it a genius choice for any coffee lover!
As well as showcasing our cute as a button new ‘Breeze the Day’ caravan, we poured loads of gorgeous hot choccies made with Chocolate Almond Breeze Almond Milk as we walked around the venue.
We were thrilled, too, to host the 2018 World Barista Champ Aga Rojewska at the event. Aga was on the final leg of her Australasian tour to launch BaristasforBaristas.com – the trans-Tasman barista community online hub for the coffee industry packed full of events, job listings, specialist training and insider coffee industry news. Aga shared her breathtaking talents in the Demonstration Kitchen with fans, and threw in some fab giveaways. The day before, Aga hosted a masterclass with some of New Zealand’s top baristas.
Aga is a fan of Barista Blend almond milk, which was crafted by Almond Breeze’s expert blenders alongside Australia’s top baristas. She adds that it’s perfect for flat white and latté art.
“It behaves exactly like regular milk when it comes to latté art. You can steam it the same way and get similar results.”
Breezy Vegan Chocolate Brownies
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dairy free (vegan) dark chocolate, melted
- 240 ml (1 cup) Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- Optional: 75 grams (1/2 cup) dairy free (vegan) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160 C (320 F). Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar and gently whisk to mix.
- Add oil, vanilla, melted chocolate and almond milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Add chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Transfer brownie batter to prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Try not to over bake or brownies will turn cakey.