Daylight’s Savings means summer is just around the corner!! Now is the perfect time to hone your popsicle and ice cream making skills so you can impress in real life and Instagram!
We’ve found 5 fab recipes for the novice and expert and share them in full below. Get ready to get fancy!!
1. Lavender Ice Cream
If you thought lavender was just something to tuck under your pillow to help in a good night’s sleep then you need to think again! While this gorgeous flower is budding all over the place this spring and summer, pick a few pretty flowers and either dry them out to use in the future, or use straight away. This Lavender Ice Cream promises a flavour sensation like no other!!
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp dried lavender flowers, or fresh flowers removed from the stem
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- Place almond milk and lavender flowers (petals only; stem removed) in a medium saucepan over medium heat and heat until the almond milk is beginning to boil.
- Remove from the heat and sit for 5 minutes before straining out lavender flowers and returning almond milk to saucepan.
- Add corn flour, sugar and salt to saucepan. Whisk together until no clumps remain
- Add vanilla paste and whisk to combine.
- Set over medium heat, whisking continuously until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut oil until its melted and combined then allow to cool completely.
- Once chilled, whisk again vigorously. Place mixture in an ice cream maker and churn according to directions.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
2. Vanilla Peach Pops
Having a stash of heavenly, chilled treats in your freezer means there is no need to walk to the dairy or drive to the supermarket. PLUS you know exactly what delicious goodness is in your popsicle. With peaches nearly in season, this ingredient is sure to whet your appetite and get you excited about summer!
- 1 3/4 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons (melted) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 4-5 ripe peaches – chopped
- Bring Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk to room temp, (otherwise the melted coconut oil will harden as you add it).
- Whisk the almond milk together with coconut oil, maple syrup and a pinch of salt.Slice peaches into small pieces and drop them into a popsicle mold.
- Pour the almond milk mixture over the peaches (depending on the size of your peaches you might have extra).
- Place sticks, then freeze overnight.
3. Pineapple Nice Cream
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Enjoy straight away or place in an airtight container and leave in the freezer for later
4. Cinnamon Ice Cream
This Cinnamon Ice Cream is all kinds of sophisticated and if you love a bit of spice, then this ice cream will hit the sweet spot! There is a little bit more involved in creating this delight but we promise, the results will be worth it!!
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fill up a large bowl halfway with ice and water; then it set aside. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a large heatproof bowl and also set aside.
- Combine cream, Original Almond Breeze, and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- While your creation is simmering away, whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly pour about 1 cup of the cream mixture into the yolks, whisking constantly so the warm cream doesn’t scramble the eggs. Pour the cream and egg mixture back into the saucepan. Easy.
- Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the spoon.
- Remove the mixture from heat and strain through the prepared fine-mesh strainer. Whisk cinnamon into the ice cream base until incorporated, then set the bowl over the ice bath to cool to room temperature, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream base from the ice bath, cover, and place in the refrigerator to chill completely, for 4 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out a big serving, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
- Your icy creation will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
5. Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
This recipe is seriously too good to be true! And best of all, if you have frozen bananas ready to go, this Chocolate Banana Ice Cream can be your new, fastest frozen treat yet. Top with chocolate sauce, nuts and chocolate chips and devour!
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Chocolate Almond Milk
- 3 frozen bananas (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate buttons or chips (or cacao nibs for a healthier burst of goodness!)
- In a food processor or blender, mix 3 bananas (cut into 1-inch chunks & frozen), ¼ cup Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk, 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter + handful chocolate chips.
- Blend until super smooth.
- This is ready to eat straight away. If you use fresh bananas, freeze overnight and eat with your favourite toppings!
From our love of Almond Breeze almond milk to yours…
The recipes don’t stop here. To stock up on new faves, click here!