If you’re anything like us, cocktail recipes make a star appearance at Christmas, so we thought we’d share our absolute seasonal faves, of course containing yours truly, Almond Breeze almond milk..
Cocktails are the ultimate indulgence so we’ve chosen three, and we’re sure that at least one that stays in your silly season repertoire!
1. Candy Cane Peppermint Cocktail
While candy canes are divisive at Christmas, this cocktail is easy and super delish so is 100% worth making. All you need is a three ingredients and ice, add your favourite blender, and you can whiz up this dreamy drop in seconds. Too easy!
- 5 Peppermint Candy Canes
- 60 ml vanilla favoured vodka
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
Add all ingredients except for the crushed peppermint candies into a NutriBullet or other blender and blend until smooth.
Use a martini or coupe Champagne glass (chill in the freezer before use if you’re feeling fancy) and place the rim into sugar water. Then, dip the rim into the crushed peppermint candy canes for a pretty garnished glass.
Pour the cocktail carefully into the glass.
2. Irish Cream Liqueur
If you’re partial to a spot of Bailey’s but want to make your own with a twist that paleo peops and dairy-free eaters will love tooooo, then this recipe is a Xmas gem!
Great to have this one in stock to pour over ice whenever a guest pops by.
- 1/2 cup Irish Whiskey
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbs canned coconut cream , without preservatives ( Savoy Coconut Cream is my go-to and tastes amazing)
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark coffee, cooled
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
Put all the ingredients into a large bowl or blender and whisk/blend.
Pour into a glass bottle or airtight container and store in the fridge. This recipe yields about 475 mls of delicious, creamy liqueur.
Note: A natural separation will occur after the Irish Cream Liqueur has been sitting for a little while. It’s the nature of using almond milk and coconut cream. Just give it a shake prior to using and it will be good as new.
3. Triple Berry Infused Boozy Rum Smoothie
This recipe is too hilarious NOT to share… especially in light of how many super healthy smoothies we create and share. But hey, it’s time to let down our hair and enjoy all that life offers this Christmas, right?
This recipe celebrates our gorgeous, freshly picked abundance of New Zealand summer berries soaked in rum overnight then blitzed into this amazing, refreshing rum-soaked berry cocktail. Easy and tasty!
- 2 cups rum infused berries blackberries, blueberries, raspberries
- 1-2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened almond milk – adjust amount for desired thickness
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup – adjust amount for desired sweetness
- Ice to preference
- Add berries to a blender and puree until smooth. Add almond milk, honey and ice to reach desired taste and consistency.
From our love of Almond Breeze almond milk to yours…
Discover more almondlicious recipes by clicking here!