It’s easy to think almond milk is great for smoothies, on cereal, in coffee, soups and baking, but sprinkle in a little inspiration and almond milk can actually be used for all sorts of interesting things.
One of our favourites that surprised even us is using almond milk in peanut satay sauce HERE…. and it’s delicious!
We share 3 of our favourite creative recipes below…. and we bet there’s at least one of them you haven’t tried!
1. DIY Manuka Honey Almond Milk Face Mask
You deserve to take a moment to enjoy a little downtime pamper and we can’t think of anything better than a DIY face mask. We love this home made face mask recipe by Three Hills Soap that uses Aotearoa New Zealand’s own Manuka honey. It contains nourishing nutrients including skin protecting antioxidants and vitamins A, D and E, which rejuvenate healthy skin. Almond milk also contains vitamins B6, C and E, zinc, calcium and magnesium that heal skin, treat redness, and hydrate and plump skin. To add an exfoliant to your mask, add rolled oats. And to calm acne prone or inflamed skin, add turmeric.
- 2 TBSP almond milk – we suggest using our Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk for this recipe
- 1 TSP Manuka honey
- ¼ cup water
- Add 2 tablespoon of almond milk and 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey to a bowl. Mix them well with a spoon.
- Then add the water to this mixture and keep whisking it till you get a smooth batter.
- Use small amounts of this mask on your face and massage in circular motion for about 10 minutes.
- Leave the mask on for another 5-15 minutes.
- Then rinse your face with warm water to remove the mask and pat your skin dry
2. DIY Coffee Creamer
Coffee creamers are as popular as ever making the daily coffee ritual even more special. So why not make your own delicious batch at home? This 5 ingredient recipe by Fashionable Foods couldn’t be easier and can store in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks so you’ll never run out again.
- ½ Cup Coconut Palm Sugar*
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- ½ Cup almond milk – we reckon our delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Almond Milk would be perfect in this recipe
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Combine the coconut sugar and water in a small pot over medium-high heat. Whisk the mixture until the sugar dissolves and allow it to come to a boil. Boil the sugar mixture for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and pour in the almond and coconut milk – working quickly whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool completely and then store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
3. Peanut Butter Banana Pops
At the end of summer we’ve tried and taste-tested loads of summer popsicle and ice cream recipes so when we stumbled upon this one by Pass the Sushi we were tickled pink! For people who love their PB this recipe is sure to be a winner, and easy for the kiddies to make!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 150g coconut yogurt
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/3 cup almond milk – to keep this recipe sweet and delicious we recommend using our tasty Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- sprinkle of chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter, coconut yogurt, honey, banana, and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide among popsicle molds, or use paper cups if you don’t have any.
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips into each.
- Freeze for 1 1/2 hours then add the popsicles sticks into the semi-frozen mixture (set an alarm reminder).
- Freeze until solid, at least 6 hours, or overnight.
From our love of Almond Breeze almond milk to yours…
Discover more almondlicious recipes by clicking here!